CNMAT presents a series of summer workshops for students, artists, musicians and anyone interested in learning new software. This year we offer training in Max/MSP (for both beginners and advanced users), a sensor workshop for musicians and artists, and a three-evening introduction to Jitter.
- Runs July 14-18, 11 AM -4 PM (Lecture 11-12, lunch break 12-1, lab session with instructor support 1-4)
- This intensive week of hands-on classes covers the basics of Max/MSP/Jitter programming.
- Features Max 5.0, which is scheduled for release in the first quarter of 2008.
- Fee: $600
- Runs July 21-25, 10 AM-4 PM (Lecture/Demonstrations 10-12, Lab session with instructor support 1-4)
- A hands-on survey of sensors, sensor interfaces and integration software and hardware for use in musical performance, dance, video, sound and art installations. - Special Emphasis: new fiber and malleable materials, including conductive fabrics, piezoresistive fabrics, conductive heatshrink tubing, carbon fiber etc. Recently-developed rapid-prototyping techniques using these new materials will be shared.
- Fee: $800 (includes lab materials fee)
- Runs July 21-25, 6-9 pm (and typically later)
- The course focuses on the use of Max for control of complex interactive systems. Emphasis is placed on areas of active research and interest at CNMAT.
- A variety of materials and resources will be provided to course participants, including copies of all the programming examples provided in the course, references to large sets of 3rd party externals, and references to a wide range of research topics in the field.
- Fee: $500
- Runs July 26-28, 6-9 PM
- Jitter is an extension to Max that allows flexible generation and manipulation of video, matrix, and 3D graphics data.
- This three-day sequence of evening classes covers Cycling 74’s Jitter environment and is designed for students with at least a basic understanding of Max programming.
- Fee: $300
Visit the individual pages above for more info and to sign up.